Church of SS. Cosma e Damiano
Coming from Asti, in the homonymous square that precedes very little via Roma, we find the Parish Church of Saints Cosma e Damiano, with an imposing Baroque façade divided into two orders by a molded stringcourse that encloses a shaped window in the center.
It is probable that an old chapel with this name already existed before the foundation of the city and that around it a small settlement had been created coming, initially, from Lavezzole.
The first document that concerns it dates back to 1202, even if the Gothic period seems to have remained only the bell tower that, as already mentioned, was born as a defensive tower of the walls. The choir, the oldest part of the building, dates back to the 15th century and, over the centuries, was renovated several times until it assumed its current appearance, devoid of, perhaps for this reason, a unitary architectural style.